Friday, December 11, 2009

Weddings and Wants

In a few hours, I will be changing into a suit and wearing this burgundy tie which I've been given to be one of the groomsmen in a friend's wedding.   This is not the first time I've found myself attending a friend's wedding.  I've been a best man, a witness, a reception host and a guest in other weddings before.  Unlike those other weddings, however, I'm going to have to risk this one while feeling sick.  Coughing and sneezing have become close friends of mine in the last few days, with even a near fever striking me down the other day.  My nose is sore from all the clearing of accumulating mucus.  My lips are dry from losing all that fluid.  I've gone through two boxes of tissues, and at least four rolls in the past few days, with the discharge ranging from clear to yellow to whitish with a bit of blood from my poor strained nostrils. 

I find myself thinking if I'd ever get a chance to marry the person I love.

Read more at
http://garapata.blogspot.com/2009/12/weddings-and-wants.html

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails