Thursday, July 31, 2003

A Musical
I wrote this a long time ago. Sadly, this had 6 parts. I think I lost the others since they were previously posted in Themestream.com, a wonderful site that closed shop. Hopefully someone out there has copies of the next few portions and can send me a copy back.

JESUS DeuX: A Musical

ACT ONE: REINCARNATION
A group of scientists appear under a great operating table light. The
scene is nearly angelic in atmosphere, with emergency room curtains hanging
like angel wings at the side. With a great rumble of thunder, the
scientific breakthrough begins.

SCIENTIST A
I see, yes I see
In its base simplicity
the secrets hidden beneath flesh and blood and gene.
Can it be this easy
to tread between obscenity
and miracle and life?

SCIENTIST B
I grin as I begin
This act of scientific sin
to bring life from a long forgotten stain.
Could this dried sanguinary
be genesis to erroneous catastrophe
or the coming of a second Jesus Christ?

SCIENTIST C
I check, I inspect
every drop, every fleck
and determine which seeds to be weaned.
Shall this be Nobel worthy
or a small act of divinity
its too late to step back now and doubt.

SCIENTISTS
It begins, this revelation
of success and condemnation
as we take from the old the vital codes.
From the myth and reflection
we attempt ressurection
using science as a determining road.

Embark with us on this journey
to discover, learn and worry
and recreate the path that God has taken once before.
With the art of Genetics
and inspired creative pyretics
Let us be the ones to personally welcome God.

(Lights swirl, the operation begins and the cloning has been successful)

SCIENTIST A
Did we triumph, did it work

SCIENTIST B
Don't delay, or is it nay?

SCIENTIST C
Give me time, let me check if it is done.

SCIENTISTS
The tension rises like thunder
though our hearts race with wonder
if the fushion of God and Man was true.
Calmness consumes all of worry
and our fear, we begin to bury
as we see the Messiah come to view.

It had worked, victorious moment!
We have mixed the right components
and have raised from the dead the living God.

SCIENTIST A
May I be Joseph?

SCIENTIST B
And me the Mary

SCIENTIST C
My friends, it is time to be wary
for the experiment has only just begun.

SCIENTISTS
But we cannot deny what we see with our eyes
The Messiah has come thanks to our hands.
No more worry of condemnation, we achieved resolution
and our names will be known through out the lands.

We are famous, we are rich
(without either virgin or bitch)
And we will be remembered for time for what we have done.
Let us see if he remembers

SCIENTIST B
Though I wonder more of his gender

SCIENTISTS
But for sure, the Second Coming has begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails