Friday, November 27, 2009

Diliman to be DVD extra in Canadian docu

A few days ago, Canadian filmmaker Jordan Clark came over to Sietch Creare to pay me a visit, meet Rocky, and film me talking about my webcomic, Diliman, for the DVD extras portion of his upcoming film.   It still astounds me to hear from other people that they truly enjoyed the comic and hope to see it come to a proper ending.  When I started Diliman over ten years ago, I had dreams of creating something to fill what I felt was a niche lacking in the local comic scene, horror.  Looking back at the early days of the so-called Renaissance of Pinoy comics (which I presume is intended to mean the next generation of comic creators and not a specific grouping of select comic artists), the closest to a real horror book that I recall was Payaso.  Unfortunately, I only ever saw the single issue of Payaso that was part of an Ashcan called Comics 101 released way way way back then.  Having had my experiences as a Spirit Questor, and sharing all the scary stories and folk tales I had heard as a child, I wanted to capture the excitement and fear that I went through into something people can read at night.

Read more at
http://garapata.blogspot.com/2009/11/jordan-clark-visits-garapata.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails