Friday, September 02, 2005

To be in prison so long, it's difficult to remember exactly what you did to get there. Jack Henry Abbott


Somehow, this does capture a lot about how I feel today. I don't really know why. Maybe its work? Maybe its life in general? Maybe its the way things seem to be... off-kilter without any true sign of it being such? Or maybe it just plain and simply is because I am too tied and grounded to so many friends and people I care about, and I'm starting to realise it only takes a shift of perspective to see safety net become spider-web... and spider-web become marionette strings.

Or maybe its just another mood swing and I've been having them so often, I'm trapped in them and can't seem to get out.

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. Albert Schweitzer

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails