Thursday, December 25, 2003

Yep, still awake
Just dove through another bunch of hours watching Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Extended for the commentary by the cast. Funny how their accents really make it hard to understand what they are saying, and yet these are the same people who have learned to speak the Generic Hollywood English so an international audience can find it easier to comprehend them. Always wondered about that. Why so many songs, movies and the like share this common generic language and yet when their artists are in interviews and the like, their accents dominate every word.

I wonder if there is something there to investigate on.
Hmm...

Diliman 12
Okay, I admit it.
I haven't really done much.
Partly, it is time.
Work has just pretty much devoured any semblance of free time that I used to have.
But mostly, it is ego.
I kinda lost the urge to continue it due to lack of feedback and responses. Especially with the turn-out my comic's first anniversary had. I mean seriously, I was pretty much begging people to submit something for my website. Buti na lang makapal ang mukha ko, at buti na lang mababait ang mga tao.
But honestly, I felt like no one really cared about the comic. It ain't a Culture Crash, or a Darna, or even a Zsa Zsa Zaturnnah. It ain't even really indie. Indie comics are comics that cater to an audience that the "general industry" cannot target or cater to. Diliman didn't do that.

Of course, there are those who'd disagree.

All I am saying is that's what I felt then.
And that should explain (not excuse) the lack of a 12th issue for so long.

I promise you though, I'll get that issue out.
I swear.

After all, DILIMAN began as a labor of love.
It shouldn't end as a "non selling item". It should end as a "closed book".

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails