Thursday, August 02, 2012

Just a post on the current state of our lives

There really isn't much to say about the relationship that just ended.  All I really feel like saying is it ended because it had to, and we are all at a point in our lives where we are looking for ourselves and determining what we really want in life.

Me, I believe I already know what I want.

I do know I want things to be simpler.  I want the happiness to be true.  I want the relationship to thrive without having to coddle it, or baby it, or struggle to keep it.

Do I love Rocky?  Absolutely.
Do I love Prince?  I know I do.
But am I still in love with them both?
I am starting to understand the answer to that question.
Loving someone, and being in love with someone are two different things.  And in many ways I am starting to realize where I stand in this, given everything that has happened.

I do want them both to be happy.  And I am starting to realize that may require two different approaches.

So yes, time does make things clearer.
And yes, there may still be pain in the end of this tunnel.

But at least, we're all being honest.
At least we're all doing what we believe is best.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails