Sunday, December 24, 2006

EXHAUSTED BUT STILL GOING...
Yep. Lots of work came in today. And I don't think I will be getting any sleep as Christmas eve comes by. Still, lots of work means the business is growing, so that makes me very happy! The voice files are pouring in, and the other work remains to be finished. Stop hating blessings.... stop hating blessings...

TAKE A RIDE ON THE SHORTBUS!
(unless you're a prude!)
Took a breather and decided to watch Shortbus, the latest film by John Cameron Mitchell, who gave us the 2001 cult musical hit, Hedwig and the Angry Itch! With him is Sook Yin-Lee (of CBC's Definitely Not The Opera) who plays a relationship therapist who is harbouring her own secret: she’s never had an orgasm. When a gay couple in distress go to her for therapeutic sessions, they tell her about Shortbus, a sex salon where there are no inhibitions, no rules and anything goes.

Lee is scared at first, but decides to tag along. And that’s where many of the adventures begin for Lee (who describes herself as bisexual in her off-screen life).

With a very honest viewpoint to sex, romance, relationships and the search for intimacy and self-pleasure, Shortbus reminds us that sometimes, one has to just learn to let oneself receive the truths one has tried to forget. The film helped ease a lot of the pressures and stresses of the work (although I must admit added its own kind of pressures... gah... where is my Panda bear! You have to see this sweetie! I can't wait to get you to watch it!) and made me wonder again when I'll finish writing the revision to that script I owe Ma-an.

Definitely worth a watch!
But trust me on this: if you're the kind of person who found Eyes Wide Shut too much or Brokeback Mountain too gay, you are definitely not going to see the merits of this film.

Anyway, that's all for now. Back to work.
Wah.

2 comments:

  1. MAMA, I'm HERE! *panda hops up and down, waving excitedly. I wafyu! Merry Christmas, baby, I do hope you get some sleep. Mwah,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, Tobie!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails