Wednesday, February 01, 2006

SOME UPDATES

With the move back to my parent's place, I have lots my access to the internet. For now, I am forced to update my blog while at work. Thankfully, I don't have that much too juggle today (with one project moved to tomorrow) giving me just enough time to do this post.

FINALLY SAW BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN

And to be very brief, I still carry with me the impact of the movie. I can easily imagine many people thinking the movie is too long or lacks in actual events, but the depth of the movie is deceptively there. Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger are amazing in the film, carrying their characters with surprisingly convincing portrayals. Even their inhibitions on kissing evidently work to represent their own character's uncertainity in their actions. Michelle Williams is amazing in her portrayal of a martyric partner who is willing to embrace self-denial to give love a chance. Ultimately, the movie is a beautiful one which resonates with me in many levels. I only pray that when it gets shown locally in the theaters, the censors restrain themselves and realise how beautifully made the whole movie is as it stands and leave it untouched.

The Maker Makes by Rufus Wainwright

From the album "Brokeneck Mountain Soundtrack"

One more chain I break, to get me closer to you
One more chain does the maker make, to keep me from bustin' through

One more notch I scratch, to keep me thinkin' of you
One more notch does the maker make, upon my face so blue

Get along little doggies, get along little doggies

One more smile I fake, 'n try my best to be glad
One more smile does the maker make, because he knows I'm sad

Oh Lord, how I know,
Oh Lord, how I see, that only can the maker make a happy man of me

Get along little doggies, get along little doggies, get along

SOME PICTURE UPDATES

Pretty delayed in picture updates. Had some interesting events happen over the last few weeks. A really good friend of mine, Tom, is finally back in communication with me. After nearly five years of no contact, its nice to see time does heal all wounds. Tom, Awie and I went out to IO for some singing some weeks back.

Then, there was part two of Seth's stag party with Chris, Seth and I heading to Eman's place for some Moo Moo gaming! After three attempts, we finally beat the game (at Novice! level!). Whew... I wonder if we'd survive the next level of trouble?

Then, my officemates and Panda Bear Isha and I went to Dads for some feasting! Having won some cash from last year's Pinoy Big Brother Christmas party, we decided to use it splurging on food! Egad... I ate so much I think I fell asleep waaaay to early!

Just last weekend, the AEGIS open meet was held in Teacher's Village. Another successsful event, considering the number of attendees as well as the introduction of a few new faces to the group. Congratulation to Vic for the success of the event, as well as other things.

Lastly, got a haircut.
See the pic below.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails