Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Must... Stop... Eating.... agh...

Yes, I admit it. I've gotten chubbier than I ever have within the last few months (although I can proudly admit, compared to last June, I lost 2 inches in my waistline!) From what has been a constant 130lbs at 5'11" for nearly five straight years while in college and the first year after, I've suddenly surged into 180lbs with most of it adding to my gut.

It all began a few years ago when I became actively physical and was visiting the gym every other day at night after working hours. From what has long been a "starvation-look" I began to work on my chest, arms and legs in hopes of having a frame worth investing better clothes on. I did cardio frequently, running nearly 30 minutes to an hour each time. On odd occasions, I would even go for spot work outs, focussing on one body part per session.

I felt great! I felt sexy! I even liked the fact I could wear a sleeveless shirt and feel "Yeah, check those arms out..."

Then, I stopped.

Work overwhelmed me. Time became harder to manage. My commitments to my apartment and my housemate required me to be home after working hours. And then the fact that maintaining one's eating habits - one's working out came to me like a pregnancy test announced on morning radio: Tobie, you're fat.



So lately, I've been watching my weight. I've been taking steps to manage the fat. I have yet to really get physical again, but I have been checking if I can financially afford the gym again. All I need to do now though... is find the strength to resist stuff like these:


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Oh gawd... Chocolate and nuts Trail mix... popcorn.... yum.

1 comment:

  1. hey nuts are healthy!

    youy know what, people in the house are suspecting that there is a "big rat" (probably female, single and blogging) eating up a bag of mini Snickers in the house, leaving just a few pieces for everyone...

    your entry made me feel so guilty.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails