Thursday, August 11, 2005

aBADminton!

Decided to go try something different yesterday and joined my officemates for their after-office-hours badminton games. I didn't have any gear or whatnots so it was kind of a pleasant twist when Gabby, Jen's husband, offered me his jogging pants. Digging through my stash at work, I found an unused TFC Tenth Anniversary black shirt and decided, what the heck, I might as well.

You have to understand, the last time I ever played Badminton was way back during the days bicycles were all called BMX and the most popular drink was Sunnydee and KoolAid. So imagine my surprise when I found myself actually getting back into the motions and getting the hang of the game real fast.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Unbelievably, after four games, my team won thrice. I guess all that time before playing and chasing after the shuttlecock that flew to the neighbor's roof paid off. That and the Tennis lessons I took a long time ago.

The next game is next week. I think I've found something to submerge myself in for a while.


Got tagged by Jonas Diego

Jonas actually tagged me to answer this thing where you give seven answers to each question. Well, why not?


SE7EN things that Scare Me:

  1. Dogs
  2. Dying alone (I don't mind if it's with a group)
  3. Flying (yes, dont' tell anyone!)
  4. Success
  5. Indifference
  6. Unacceptance
  7. Disease


SE7EN Thing I Like The Most

  1. Piggies. Stuffed toys of course. Real ones just remind me they're slaughtered for food. Which makes me sad.

  2. Having all the time I have to enjoy great entertainment ranging from Animated films. Especially ones that really touch emotions. Examples include My Neighbor Totoro, Akira, Princess Mononoke, Nausicaa and Mulan. To horror games, like Silent Hill, Kuon, Siren, Fatal Frame. To Brain Films, especially if they make you really stop and think for a moment. Examples include American Beauty, Pi. And Musicals. I love how theater and music can so seamlessly intertwine. And this holds true for musicals in film. Examples include Moulin Rouge, Avenue Q, Rent.

  3. Strong Women. Am a sucker for women who know who they are, what they want and how they want it. I love hearing how their minds work and how their words think. I love knowing they're in charge of thier lives and thier happy with themselves. Examples include: Jen Villacorte, Nikki Alfar, Bambi Gamban, Jac Ting Lim
  4. Having a chance to share my own views and stories through comics books or mini-movies that I make. I'm a storyteller at heart.
  5. And that storyteller fact comes even more apparent when I give really engaging role-playing games with my friends. And no, I don't mean the sexual kind of role-playing cause that's something else.
  6. Spending time with my friends just talking and relaxing. I used to hate relaxing. Saw it as a synonym for the word boredom. Now, I appreciate spending some time with a friend. It helps keep one grounded.
  7. Having some time with my family. I love the fact I am independently living in my apartment and all that jazz, but I still love knowing I am part of a family and I can talk with them every now and then.

SE7EN Important Things In My Room

  1. My computer. Without it, so much of my stuff would fall apart.
  2. My role-playing game books.
  3. My comics books.
  4. My cd collection that fills more than 3 polyboxes.
  5. My personal box with contains everything from my passport to my sss papers and the like.
  6. My photo albums of my life, my friends, my loves and my family.
  7. Me.

SE7EN Random Facts About Me
  1. I used to smoke a lot. Actually once hit a pack a day. Almost two. Now, I barely do. Not totally stopped, but not a habitual smoker anymore either.
  2. I cannot help but act like the host of a party when in a party I am hosting or when I am asked to help entertain others. I like helping others have fun.
  3. I have a huge amount of respect for Great White Sharks.
  4. A lot of people find me a threat to their own personal self-image quite often. Some to the point of hating me in a defensive response. Only to realise years later how wrong they were to do so.
  5. Am a sucker for Dark Chocolate, Tocino, Greek Salad, Bread with Balsamic Vinegar or Ice Cream.
  6. I love others too much. And in many cases more than others deserve.
  7. I know I will someday bring home an Oscar.


SE7EN Things I Plan To Do Before I Die

  1. Win an Oscar for my parents.
  2. Create a film about the Philippines that actually gets a message across.
  3. Break into Comic books and gain a readership following.
  4. Sky dive.
  5. Go diving with a Great White Shark.
  6. Have at least one kid.
  7. Teach.

SE7EN Things I Can Do

  1. Fold my legs above my knees like some Indian Monk and walk using my knees.
  2. See ghosts and talk to them.
  3. Make love.
  4. Sing Josh Groban and Micheal Buble songs.
  5. Remain faithful to my Faith regardless of my beliefs.
  6. Pranic Healing and Kulam.
  7. Learn anything real fast.


SE7EN Things That Attract You To The Opposite Sex

  1. The self-confidence she carries herself with.
  2. The nape.
  3. The sense of humor.
  4. The brain and ability to carry a decent and interesting conversation.
  5. The interest in similar things.
  6. The interest in other things.
  7. The willingness to do something crazy once in a while.


SE7EN Things You Say The Most

  1. Talaga, ha..
  2. Surely..
  3. Wassap?
  4. Ows...
  5. Ruff! (a bark sound meaning "hot looking person nearby")
  6. Dare.
  7. Hey, when you get home, call or text me please. So I'm sure you got safely home.


SE7EN Celeb Crushes (Local or Foreign)

  1. Angelina Jolie
  2. Annette Benning
  3. Emma Watson
  4. Evangeline Lilly
  5. Sharon Stone
  6. Anne Curtis
  7. Jennifer Connelly


SE7EN People You Want to See Take This Quiz

  1. Carlo Vergara
  2. Alvin Dalulaya
  3. Shokoy Girl
  4. Ma-an Ascuncion
  5. Northspy
  6. Jay Anyong
  7. Aldwin Catral

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails