Saturday, June 12, 2004

I Give Up
impromptu train-of-thought script

"Maybe it has always been the case of overly-high expectations. Or maybe they were sound expectations, but never truly reachable. Or maybe it was you? Or maybe it was me? All I know is, I give up. I give up waking each morning and expecting to see you smiling at me. I give up getting dressed and hoping you'd walk up to me from behind and embrace me between a tangle of clothes. I give up taking long showers and waiting for you to join me. I give up all those times I look forward to sharing a passionate kiss, or a lustful animal round of sex that used to happen again and again and again. I give up believing I can be more important than your phone, your friends, your computer or your work. I give up the belief that you can read how hard it has been for me to try and hide the fact I need you to need me more. I give up.. because there's nothing else left to do. I already gave everything I could and nothing has changed in the end."

What do you think? Pang movie? Pang play? Pang comic version of The Hours? hehehe.
Sarap mag-release ng angst. I'm starting to remember what it felt like to be a poet/writer 24/7.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails