Wednesday, July 16, 2003

Vienna Teng, Walking hour
Found this CD during a search for something empathic and very angsty at the same time. Well, I discovered Vienna Teng. Like a mix between Tori Amos and Sarah Mclachlan, with a touch of Dido and occasional Alanis... The songs are a mix of piano, percussions at times and the occasional strings.
When you got lyics like:
"I need not to need
or else a love with intuition
someone who reaches out to my weakness
and won't let go
I need not to need
I've always been the tower
but now I feel like I'm the flower
trying to bloom in snow."

-from "The Tower"

Lots of meaning and wonderful moments sung with an honest voice and an easy to follow melody.
Vienna Teng. A new artist to look out for.

For a sample, check out this link but keep in mind this was an earlier rendition of a song that eventually becomes the source of inspiration for two songs on her album.

Enjoy!

A decade and one/decade and one/
I said out loud
A decade and one/and I am here/
I am here still standing

- from "decade and one"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails