Thursday, December 02, 2010

Day 335 of 365 Days of Geeky Happiness





Quacky the Duck

Lyrics and music by Chris Jung

Sung by Godfrey Thomson

Intro: (A-E)

Verse 1

(A)Quacky was a duck, and a little duck was he, with fuzzy yellow feathers,
As(B)cute as he could(E)be. He(A)lived on a pond down the road not far away,
And when I’d go to see him,(E)this is what he’d(A)say:


Chorus 1

Quack,(D)quack, (quack, quack). It(A)seemed he always knew the(Bm)way that I was(E)feeling,
His(A)love was always true. Quack,(D)quack, (quack, quack). And when(A)I was feeling(F#m)sad,
He(Bm)always made me(E)glad with a(A)quack, (quack, (E)quack).


Verse 2

(A)He was like my best friend, and after school or play, Quacky would be waiting
To(B)see me every(E)day.(A)I’d sit down beside him, and I’d give him a snack.
I’d tell him all my secrets, and(E)he would answer(A)back.

Repeat Chorus 1

Verse 3

One(A)day my dear duck Quacky got sick, and though I tried to make him feel better, My(B)little Quacky(E)died. But I(A)see my little Quacky when I go to bed and pray.
He’s playing up in Heaven, I’ll be(E)with him there some(A)day.


Chorus 2

Quack,(D)quack, (quack, quack). It(A)seemed he always knew
The(Bm)way that I was(E)feeling, his(A)love was always true.
Quack,(D)quack, (quack, quack). And when(A)I was feeling(F#m)sad,
He(Bm)always made me(E)glad with a(A)quack, (quack, (A7)quack).


Chorus 3

Quack,(D)quack, (quack, quack). It(A)seemed he always knew
The(Bm)way that I was(E)feeling, his(A)love was always true.
Quack, quack, (quack, quack). And when(A)I was feeling(F#m)sad,
He(Bm)always made me(E)glad, when(A)ever I was(F#m)sad,
He(Bm)always made me(E)glad with a(A)quack. (Quack, quack, quack, quack, quack!)


I(A)see my little Quacky when I go to bed and pray.

He’s playing up in Heaven, I’ll be(E)with him there some(A)day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails