Thursday, September 30, 2010

ABA gets banged from behind

At least the plate is intact.
Yep.  Some guy botched on his driving roll and smashed his vehicle against mine.   ABA is painful to look at but thankfully was robust enough to keep me safe from bodily harm.  This is gonna be a bitch to have repaired though, not to mention puts a major damper on the convenience of travelling with a car.

In other news, the Church here in Manila threatens the Philippine President with excommunication for supporting the RH bill which is intended to promote smarter sex education and women's rights more than the misconceived legal murders the religious abusive authorities wish you to believe.  Whatever happened to the separation of Church and State?  How dare the Church literally threaten the President of a country!  Their actions would be considered an act of terrorism had they been Muslim!   Here's hoping the President sees this fact and acts accordingly on it.
I don't want bullies in the positions of power.
Already, one protester against the Church's ineptitude has been thrown in prison under grounds of, get this, civil disobedience, and if found guilty can he locked up for up to 5 years.  

Let me repeat that:  The Church had a guy who protested against their views locked up.
The Church embraces more and more the actions and mindset of the
very things it used to struggle against.   How sad.
What century are we living in?

And is the Church really that omnipotent now that they can act as if the President was someone they can bully?

I was born a Catholic.  I was raised a Catholic.  I still strongly hold fast to my faith.  I still pray.   I still keep certain Holy days sacred and holy.  But damn.. right now, I feel ashamed to be a Catholic.  I feel ashamed to be affiliated to a Church that has the attitudes of a school yard bully, that has the gall to self-righteously claim to be on a moral higher ground while acting in so many ways against the very teaching Jesus Christ himself has always taught us.

I am ashamed of how the Church is acting right now.
Very very deeply ashamed.

"For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is not strange if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness." (2 Corinthians 11:13-15 RSV)

I so see this right now.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Tobie, I'm a Catholic born and bred as well, and like you I keep to my faith. On one hand I have noticed that many countries that adopt a pro-contraception policy end up a pro-abortion policy, which I am sure the Church wants to prevent. On the other hand, my personal thought is that if the Church was actually educating the faithful on mutual respect and love for all genders, if the Church was more pro-active in telling husbands to understand that enforcing sex upon their wives is as exactly the same as raping them, if the Church would teach that the words "Go forth and multiply" is something to be taken figuratively and not literally, and if the Church tried its best to curb the child molesters from its own ranks, I am sure we wouldn't even need this sort of law - because people would see by the Church's example that these things are done out of mutual love and respect for the neighbour. =_= Hay. I could go all day with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with you, Diwa. The Church keeps failing to remember they are present as a spiritual GUIDE. Not a dictator. Not a leader. Not a commander. Not someone to decide for us.
    They are there to teach and guide.

    Not to threaten and coerce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're safe dude.

    Religion/politics aside, did you get your car's name from Guilty Gear?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Raipo
    Safe = thank you.
    Car = Actually its because the family business is ABBA. :-P I wanted AGA though since those would have been my initials hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:00 PM

    Celdran was arrested by the cops for disrupting an event (mass). The Church did not go out of its way to ask the cops to do so. If you go to SM and suddenly start a protest or carry a placard in the middle of a movie I'm sure the police will carry you out as well.

    Get your facts straight Tobie.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails