Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Happy Geek Pride Day

Today is Geek Pride Day.

I am proud to be a geek. 
I love comics books and movies, role playing games and theater.  I love robots and demons and dragons and strange time dilating islands.  I love vampires and ghosts and alternate universes and post apocalyptic cities.  I love sentient artificial intelligence, bioware, the internet and the underworld.  I love halos and fur, feathers and scales.  I love computer games, casual gaming, drinking games and interactive storytelling.  I love swords, slingshots, chakrams and the sword of omens.  I love dhampyrs, super powers, mutants and meta humans.  I love magic, and magick, and magik and Magic.  I love pigs, sharks, Ludo and Smokey.  I love making a run for R&D, hunting, accusing Ms. White and attempting to Kill Dr. Lucky.  I love city building, monster evolving, world conquering and fighting zombies with plants.  I love charlie, be it as a unicorn, a druggie, a comedian or a chocolate lover.   I love my Egg, my Rocky, my Kobe Beef and the Shrek to my Donkey.  I love worm holes, time warps, infinite earths and the Bleed.  I love drawing cards, rolling dice, flowing my River and pixel hunting.  I love higanteng palaka, kulam, Google and Little Big Planets.

I'm going to go wiggle my toes now.

I am a geek.


Rights:
  1. The right to be even geekier.
  2. The right to not leave your house.
  3. The right to not like football or any other sport.
  4. The right to associate with other nerds.
  5. The right to have few friends (or none at all).
  6. The right to have as many geeky friends as you want.
  7. The right to be out of style.
  8. The right to be overweight and short-sighted.
  9. The right to show off your geekiness.
  10. The right to take over the world.
Responsibilities:
  1. Be a geek, no matter what.
  2. Try to be nerdier than anyone else.
  3. If there is a discussion about something geeky, you must give your opinion.
  4. To save and protect all geeky material.
  5. Do everything you can to show off geeky stuff as a "museum of geekiness."
  6. Don't be a generalized geek. You must specialize in something.
  7. Attend every nerdy movie on opening night and buy every geeky book before anyone else.
  8. Wait in line on every opening night. If you can go in costume or at least with a related T-shirt, all the better.
  9. Never throw away anything related to geekdom.
  10. Try to take over the world!


Happy Geek Pride Day, everyone!
For now though, lemme just go finish the Finale of Lost with my Egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails