I am proud to be a geek.I love comics books and movies, role playing games and theater. I love robots and demons and dragons and strange time dilating islands. I love vampires and ghosts and alternate universes and post apocalyptic cities. I love sentient artificial intelligence, bioware, the internet and the underworld. I love halos and fur, feathers and scales. I love computer games, casual gaming, drinking games and interactive storytelling. I love swords, slingshots, chakrams and the sword of omens. I love dhampyrs, super powers, mutants and meta humans. I love magic, and magick, and magik and Magic. I love pigs, sharks, Ludo and Smokey. I love making a run for R&D, hunting, accusing Ms. White and attempting to Kill Dr. Lucky. I love city building, monster evolving, world conquering and fighting zombies with plants. I love charlie, be it as a unicorn, a druggie, a comedian or a chocolate lover. I love my Egg, my Rocky, my Kobe Beef and the Shrek to my Donkey. I love worm holes, time warps, infinite earths and the Bleed. I love drawing cards, rolling dice, flowing my River and pixel hunting. I love higanteng palaka, kulam, Google and Little Big Planets.
I'm going to go wiggle my toes now.
I am a geek.
- The right to be even geekier.
- The right to not leave your house.
- The right to not like football or any other sport.
- The right to associate with other nerds.
- The right to have few friends (or none at all).
- The right to have as many geeky friends as you want.
- The right to be out of style.
- The right to be overweight and short-sighted.
- The right to show off your geekiness.
- The right to take over the world.
- Be a geek, no matter what.
- Try to be nerdier than anyone else.
- If there is a discussion about something geeky, you must give your opinion.
- To save and protect all geeky material.
- Do everything you can to show off geeky stuff as a "museum of geekiness."
- Don't be a generalized geek. You must specialize in something.
- Attend every nerdy movie on opening night and buy every geeky book before anyone else.
- Wait in line on every opening night. If you can go in costume or at least with a related T-shirt, all the better.
- Never throw away anything related to geekdom.
- Try to take over the world!
Happy Geek Pride Day, everyone!
For now though, lemme just go finish the Finale of Lost with my Egg.