Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Whee wee wee all the way home.


"As long as you are happy.."
A friend of mine told me this quite recently. Knowing the full extent of my current situation, this particular friend wanted to reassure me that as friends they will always be there to support me, but at the same time did hint on how they feel about the circumstances surrounding it.

As long as you are happy.

Things could definitely be simpler. Things could definitely be better. Things could have been spectacularly chick-flickable with key arguments, time passes montages and maybe even a few looking-back reminiscing instances before two people inevitably bump into each other again and finally truly be together.

But then again, who says that isn't precisely what is happening when things don't seem to go the way you want them to that moment. Considering how films do mirror life, who is to say this isn't just the time passes montage moving at real 32 frames per second pace?

Everyone wants a happy ending. Its human nature to hope for such.
I want one too. Who doesn't, right? But that's the clincher when it comes to real life; we never know when its supposed to be "the ending" of the movie. Life, unlike celluloid existence, doesn't reach a point when the credits suddenly scroll and you know happily ever after begins.

So the most we really can do (which finally connects to the image above) is invest. We invest on the things, the events, and the people we believe are important to us. We invest our time, our effort, our attention and our emotions on them because we want them to be part of our lives. We want them to share in our joys, our excitement, our experiences.

We invest.

And while it is quite easy to roll down this line of visual thinking and lead invest to "building interest" and "cashing out the investment", I think its suffice for me to end this post by simply saying, people like me choose to invest only on something that we believe has the potential to be worth having for the rest of one's life.

So yes, I'm investing on you.
I have been. And I still am.

No matter how the exchange rate shifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails