Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hitting the Irons Again

Been neglecting my gym habit. I keep typing it and I have yet to really DO something about it, so today I decided to do something.

Although work wasn't done, and even if my car wasn't available at that time, I decided to make my way to VIGOR gym at BF Homes and get some muscles pumping. Hit my usual cardio routine, following it through with 200 side bends, 120 crunches and 120 leg lifts, then took a breather to drink some water before I dove back into the free weights and the machines.

(Sunday to Saturday, Jan 25-Jan 31):
Gym - 2 Bar - 3

Sheeeyooot, the pain was unexpected. All I did was go lax one week and suddenly I feel like a wee child trying to lift the weights for the first time. All the grunting between mouthing lyrics of Ashley Simspon, Get Far, Lady Gaga, Beyonce and (yes, the odd songs in my mp3 player) stuff by Akira Yamaoka (Go Silent Hill!!!!) must have freaked out some of the other people in the gym considering by the time I was done, there was just me, two more people and the trainer left behind.

(At one point, while working on the bench, I was grunting out the lyrics to Silent Hill's "You're Not Here"...

So now what should I do,
I'm strung out, addicted to you
My body aches, now that you're gone
My supply fell trough

Gladly gave me everything you had and more
You craved my happiness
When you made me feel joy it made you smile
But now I feel your stress
Love was never meant to be such a crazy afair, no
And who has time for tears
Never thought I'd sit around and cry for your love
'Till now

The guy next to me stopped working on the rowing machine, looked at me, then asked, "Resident Evil yan diba?" I shook my head, grunted to shove the weights up, and said, "Silent...."

And he goes, "Ay Silent Evil pala."

I nearly drop the weights on my face.)

Work has been flowing nonstop like a rising ride but thankfully, Lost and Battlestar Galactica are back to keep me smiling. Been catching up also on Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and been resisting the urge to dive into 30 Rock or start watching Demons.

Open meet next week. This weekend is definitely another RPG night with the tropa. Over all, a happy day so far...


... here in Silent Evil.

Bwahahah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails