Saturday, March 06, 2004

"1,000 Words"
I know that you're hiding things
Using gentle words to shelter me
Your words were like a dream
but dreams could never fool me
not that easily

I acted so distant then
didnt say good-bye before you left
but i was listening
you'll fight your battles far for me
far too easily

Save your tears cause i'll come back
i could hear that you whispered as you walked through that door
but still I swore
to hide the pain when i turned back the pages
shouting might have been the answer
what if i cried my eyes out and begged you not to depart?
But now im not afriad to say whats in my heart

Oh A thousand words
have never been spoken
they'll fly to you
pressing over the time and distance holding you
suspended on silver wings!

a thousand words
one thousand confessions
will cradle you
making all of the pain you feel seem far away
they'll hold you forever!

The dream isnt over yet
Though i often say i can forget
i still re-live that day
you've been there with me all the way
i still hear you say

"wait for me, ill write you letters"
I could see how you stammered with your eyes to the floor
but still i swore
to hide the doubt when i turned back the pages
Anger might have been the answer
what if I hung my head and said i couldn't wait?

but now im strong enough to know its not too late

Cause a thousand words
call out through the ages
they'll fly to you, even though we can't see
i know they're reaching you
suspended on silver wings!

oh a thousand words
one thousand embraces
will cradle you
making all of your weary days seem far away!
they'll hold you forever!

Oh a thousand words
have never been spoken
They'll fly to you
They'll carry you home
and back into my arms
suspended on silver wings (oooohh!)

And a thousand words
call out through the ages
they'll cradle you
turning all of the loneliness to only days
they'll hold you forever!!!!!

Sung by: Jade from Sweetbox

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails