Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Jet Lagged and Foot-in-Mouth problems
Just got struck by a long delayed jet-lag today. Failed to wake up in time for work. Thankfully, I didn't have any deadlines waiting for me, so I was allowed to take the day as a rest day. Kind of miffed still that the people at work actually LOST my Leave of Absence form and listed me as A.W.O.L. for the last three weeks. The penalty: No incoming salary this end of February. I mean, COME ON!!! It wasn't even MY mistake! I filled the forms, I got my boss to sign them.. and now some jerk lost them and I'm paying the price! Damn..

Attended a despedida party today for Ford, an officemate of ours who had the guts to leave our company and head for greener pastures. While there, the inevitable question of how my trip to the United States came up and whether or not I visited the San Francisco office was asked.

I replied: "Nope. Didn't head there. Why should I? They'd simply ask me to go there to work since the launching of the movie MILAN was happening at that date. All I was being offered in exchange for working was a cup of coffee! Excuse me, but I am not that dumb. I'd deserve more."

Only to be told later that my boss' significant other was sitting just behind me.

Sigh. I wonder if I should expect trouble. I do believe I had every right to make that statement. But I do hope it doesn't get blown out of proportion and become an issue at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails