Monday, December 22, 2003

One out of two isn't bad
Finally got a copy of Mona Lisa Smile. I'm happy I got it.
Seal's cover of Mona Lisa is very unexpected, that I can say. Unexpected yet soothingly nice to listen to. Tori Amos' new songs are very nice! Quite different from what I would expect of her stuff, yet very Tori from the way they sound. Her rendition of "You Belong to Me" just dances with unrequited love compared to other versions. Her touches on "Murder He Says" just left me smiling. Macy Gray, Elton John, Celine Dion, Mandy Moore, Alison Krauss and even Lisa Stansfield and Kelly Rowland are in this album! I guess Barbra Streisand's appearance is no surprise considering the songs in here.

Of course, the scores by Rachel Portman and the interpretation of the Trevor Horn Orchestra of Istanbul and Sh Boom are worthy of repeated listening.

All in all, a great buy!

A pity though I could not find the Suzzane Vega album I was hoping to find. I guess it'll have to wait. There's a lot of time anyway.

Life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails