Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Pitching is done!
Whew! Pitched my show concept to the big bosses and well.. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens next. It was such an experience. Almost as tense as a thesis defense. Almost as frightening as a first date. Almost as anxiety-inducing as, well, waiting for news in a hospital hallway on whether or not your pregnant wife is giving birth.

The panel was not as focused as I hoped. Actually, they seemed to be preoccupied with small discussions among themselves. Although a person from the organizing committee whispered to me that they actually were listening and tend to share thoughts during the presentation, they believe I did good. I guess that will just have to be something I'll know for certain in due time.

But that's that: I have sold an idea to the corporation. Whether it will net me a few bucks, a new byline or nothing at all remains to be seen.

But hey, at least I did try, eh?

Interested parties may email me for a copy of my pitch. Obviously, I'll consider each request, but make no promises of sharing it with everyone who asks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails