Wednesday, July 30, 2003

Before Night Falls
Okay, for those who have NOT heard of this movie.
Trailer is here.
A review is here.
Its another amazing film that I highly recommend. The movie transforms the memoirs of gay Cuban writer Reinaldo Arenas into a movie that is both moving, inspiring and down right amazing. Considering the movie was done by Julian Schnabel (known for his trippy heart-wrenching Basquiat) I had high expectations for this film. And I must say those expectations were surpassed. My only gripe? The wonderful parts in Spanish which I wish had subtitles. But even without understanding the lines, the music of the language keeps the movie going. I'm sure though my experience with the film is a huge factor below what they'd hope I'd experience due to language barriers.
The movie stars Javier Bardem, Johnny Depp, Sean Penn, Vito Maria Schnabel and Olivier Martinez.
See it if you can find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails